Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Technical Business Analyst - CRM provides strategic business analysis services to the business by acting as an intermediary between with IT project teams and business partners to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates.
This role will support the sales and marketing organization through CRM system implementation and integration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs through dialogue with business sponsors. Clearly articulates and documents business requirements.
- Translates business needs into requirements utilizing a structured process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing change) to assess and recommend solutions based on cost vs benefit analysis.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands.
- Coordinates project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Develops test plans and assists in testing of software solutions. Participate in user acceptance testing and user training.
- Manages ongoing relationship with business partner to drive satisfaction with IT.
- Proactively provides process improvement recommendations within a quickly evolving company.
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Work with outside vendors to deliver solutions. Monitors and manages vendor relationship and performance.
- Provide leadership assistance to other analysts by modeling best-practices and approaches and serving as a coach to more junior colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science/MIS, healthcare-related science or related degree.
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst.
- 5+ years in a hands-on technical role implementing or supporting business applications specific to the business function this role supports through technical project management, systems development, or quality assurance.
- Strong analytical skills, prioritization skills, business intuition, and organizational ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Demonstrated capacity for decision making in complex scenarios and for holding one-self and others accountable to those decisions.
- Past experience with business analysis.
- Past experience working under SDLC or other software-specific project management process.
- Experience working as a team and/or project leader.
- Experience working in order cycle management or revenue cycle management.
- Fast and enthusiastic learner.
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.