What you’ll be doing...
As a Lead Technical you will improve efficiency and drive results on multiple projects for Verizon Billing.
Key initiatives you will work on include Format Modernization, Billing Consolidation, Bill Redesign, Paper-free acceleration, Print Finish Migration & Public Cloud adoption. The domain spans the entire bill formatting and customer communications space.
You play a vital role in ensuring that all strategic and tactical billing projects are delivered on time with excellent quality.
- Ensure that every Enterprise and minor code release is flawless with minimal production issues.
- Involvement in consulting/recommending process improvements, partnering with cross-functional IT groups, designing/recommending best systems architecture.
- Anticipating customer impacting issues at every step of the development process.
- Be a change agent to accelerate the IT journey towards an Agile and DevOps oriented Engineering Centric organization.
- Ensure strict adherence to secure coding and development practices throughout the development lifecycle of each project.
- Keep a close attention to production performance and ensuring issues are addressed with a sense of urgency, without impacting our customers.
- Relay strategic objectives & Key Process Indicators (KPI) and present innovative solutions to senior management.
What we’re looking for...
You view technology through a lens of making things better and more effective. Understanding and creating continual improvements is something you thrive on. You enjoy the process of solving complex issues while empowering the team around you to do the same.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Java/ J2EE development.
- Hands-on Spring development.
Even better if you have:
- Billing/Bill Formatting experience.
- Experience with Cassandra or similar NOSQL database.
- DevOps experience (tools such as GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, MAVEN).
- Public Cloud development experience (AWS preferred).
- Experience with RDBMS, preferably Oracle.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX shell scripting.
- Experience implementing projects using Agile methodology.
- Experience & integrating Rules Engine.
- Experience developing MS Power Point presentations and presenting to executives.
- Experience with print composition software such as Exstream.