Why Join Our Team:
- Solace provides solutions to the world’s leading enterprises via our unified event-driven messaging platform in the cloud and on premise. Our platform helps our customers solve use cases such as hybrid cloud, IoT, microservices, and big data distribution intelligently, securely, reliably, and in real-time.
- We’re looking for people who love working on cutting edge technology, always jump at new challenges, and want to learn from some of the best brains in the data movement business to join our team!
- This position is for a Event Driven Integrations Architect. You will be responsible for evaluating emerging technologies and finding the best fit within the Solace Event Platform then take the solution forward with internal engineering teams and field facing teams within Solace.
In this role you'll get to...
- Evaluate emerging technologies to understand how they compete or complement the Solace product offerings. Apply this understanding to modern use cases to help guide and assist PLM in both introducing new areas of innovation as well as new Solace features to develop.
- Evaluate competitive product offerings to understand their strengths and weaknesses compared to the Solace product offerings. Be able to explain in clear terms how these technical differences impact the customer's ability to deliver on their business objectives.
- Guide field and engineering teams through 3rd party integrations by producing prototypes and procedures using existing interfaces to implement seamless solutions.
- Assist field and engineering teams with new product introductions in the alpha product phase to ensure Solace has a clear understanding on how to deploy in various real-world environments.
- Peer review and author product documentation and less formal material like best practices, blogs, marketing literature or training syllabus on various related subjects with enough expertise to have an authoritative opinion.
On day one we'll expect you to have...
- Expert knowledge in how message patterns and container infrastructure,(both listed below), affect application architecture, design and deployment. This skill will allow rapid evaluation of new technologies to assist engineering and field teams. It is important to know how to evaluate technologies as described below, but more important to know what to look for when evaluating technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of standard message exchange patterns and how to deploy them with expert knowledge of at least two of: Solace, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, EMS, IBM MQ. Focus on Scalable, fault tolerant, sustainable solutions with adequate security, observability and operational survivability.
- Detailed knowledge of Kubernetes and containerized solution deployment including initial application deployment and day two operational issues involved in the application life cycle. Have the ability to troubleshoot and tune performance and stability issues in such environments.
- Working knowledge of public cloud application integration services, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Kinesis, Event Bridge, Event Hubs, Service Bus, Databricks, Event Grid, PubSub, Dataflow including:Message exchange patterns
- Authentication and authorization models
Added bonus you have...
- ability to go beyond simple integrations into streaming analytics processing engines like: Spark/Databricks, Apache Flink, Beam/Dataflow, Kafka Connect KSQL, AWS Kinesis and have a deeper understanding of reliable, scalable, lossless, order dependent analytics data processing pipelines.
- ability to demonstrate Solace products value proposition.
- a presence of published work either github commits or published blogs that demonstrated your technical acumen and ability to clearly explain technical ideas.
- Working knowledge of networking infrastructure and ability to identify complex switching, routing, firewall issues via packet analyzers and like wireshark. Build test scenarios with network emulators like netem and test with tools like iperf.
The CTO team is functionally and geographically disperse. But, they do have a consistent role:
- be an influencer: do your homework, form an opinion and be able to convince C-Level and engineering teams on the correctness of your approach, work across teams to drive consensus on best path forward.
- be a teacher not a leader: field teams need to lead the customer engagements. Simply leading from within the CTO team does not scale, this team must impart enough knowledge into the field teams so that they can be seen as subject matter experts to the customer.
- be a thought leader: not only have the knowledge but be able to publicly present new ideas in a manner that can be globally consumed and accepted as genuine thought leadership.
What Makes Us Great:
- Our team! Work with some of the smartest individuals in the business
- We believe in work life balance
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Flexible work environment
- Amazing customers
- We are Social – we like to keep things simple and fun!
- We are one of the top-ranked employers on Glassdoor
- Solace in 2 Minutes
- Solace and the Hybrid Cloud
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted. Solace welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.