If the thought of persuading a group of stakeholders to move their existing systems forward faster than they thought possible gets your blood flowing, New Relic might be your next home. New Relic’s business systems move millions ofbusiness attributes across our enterprise every day. We’re looking for a pragmatic Solutions Architect who can help us do a better job of getting that information where it needs to be, faster, more reliably, with higher impact.
Your core responsibility will be to keep New Relic’s anchor SaaS systems (Salesforce, Mulesoft, Zendesk, NetSuite, Marketo, and Zuora) and integrations as productive, low-maintenance, and reliable as possible. Along the way, you’ll also work closely with internal stakeholders, third-party architects, and product engineering teams to build andmaintain enhancements, set standards, and help build best practice processes and policies.
The ideal candidate will understand that an architect’s role is a combination of many things, including reliability engineer, engineering mentor, project manager, and early adopter / new tech evangelist. Our engineers are very sharp and hard working, so we’re looking for someone who works well with strong peers and can also help introduce new ideas and new ways of thinking.
We are looking for someone who can reflect New Relic’s core values in this work: being bold, passionate, connected, authentic, and accountable.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Designing new solutions that meet New Relic’s business challenges and work well in the NR environment
- Taking ownership of existing business application architecture, including integrations and data structures
- Serving as subject matter expert in SaaS applications and integrations
- Defining a longer-term plan for our business application infrastructure
- Staying up to speed with emerging technologies through ongoing research and industry outreach, and internalPoCs
- Driving adoption of engineering and architectural best practices in coordination with engineering leaders andother architects
The ideal candidate will likely have:
- Proven track record of solving complex problems (including platform migrations) with maintainable solutions
- Strong verbal, written, and diagramming communications skills. Ability to articulate solutions to technical andnon-technical people.
- Strong understanding of modern application design, integrations and data structures
- Proven experience delivering complex solutions on the Force.com platform
- 4-6 years experience with other leading SaaS tools (NetSuite, Zuora, Marketo, Zendesk, etc.)
- 2-5 years experience building microservices using integration tools such as Boomi, Mulesoft, or Informatica
- College degree in Computer Science-related field
- 5-8 years hands-on experience with Enterprise app development (Java, Ruby, etc.)