Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’sTravelers. Our superiorfinancial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns meansecurity for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will findTravelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under limited supervision, the Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for working with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, specify and validate business and solution requirements to meet business needs. Must be able to bring together a diverse stakeholder group, drive consensus and create a shared understanding between the customer community and the solution delivery team while maintaining alignment with Business and IT Strategies. Using knowledge of business goals, help translate strategies and initiatives into action plans with required deliverable.
The Senior Systems Analyst is able to independently transition to unfamiliar business and systems domains.
This role typically acts as a team lead for analysts on medium to large sized initiatives. The Senior Systems Analyst provides direction, coaching and mentoring to less experienced analysts.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
– Identify, refine, and accurately articulate the business objectives and value proposition of assigned initiatives. Bring alternative perspectives and influence consensus among stakeholders.
– Ensure the solution (people, process and technology) meets the program and/or project objectives and is aligned with business and IT strategic direction. Participate in the development of a compelling business case that measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
– Collaborate with project leads to determine how requirements will be approached and managed for a particular project.
– Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
– Provide support and mentoring to other analysts and team members to facilitate a better understanding of requirements techniques, processes and deliverables required to support successful project delivery.
– Responsible for the success of the Requirements Definition Process for assigned work with limited supervision; Elicit, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
– Ensure the requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams.
– Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
– Effectively identifies and manages requirements conflicts and issues to resolution.
– Ensure that requirements are understood and approved by all stakeholders.
– Manage requirement traceability and changes throughout the project lifecycle.
Responsible for specialized Systems Analysis tasks inclusive of the following:
– Capture and document technical functional and non-functional requirements
– Define acceptance criteria and perform acceptance testing on technical stories
– Perform data mapping between business concepts and technical constructs
– Create system-level process flows and sequence diagrams
– Capture and document technical non-functional requirements
– Perform current-state system analysis
– Measures and tracks quality of business analysis work.
– Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements. Assist in defect resolution.
– Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned.
Three years of experience in Business Systems or equivalent requiredHigh school diploma or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
– Typically has a Bachelor degree in Business, MIS or other related field.
– Typically has a minimum of 5 years experience in business systems analysis or equivalent role.
– 7+ years experience developing and supporting business technology systems.
– 3+ years experience in a leadership role on software delivery projects.
Desired skills for a Systems Analyst include the following:
– Basic ability for Technical writing (narrative and process flows)
– Basic understanding of UML diagrams and Enterprise Architect (EA)
– Basic understanding of XML, XSD, XPath, WSDL
– Basic understanding of SQL, and ability to run queries against Oracle and SQL Server
– Basic understanding of and ability to read physical database models
– Basic ability to use SoapUI to execute/test web services
– Basic ability to use acceptance-testing tools (e.g. FitNesse, Cucumber, SoapUI) to create executable acceptance tests
– Basic ability to read and understand code for select systems
Job ID: 13180BR