Network Systems Engineer provides Tier IV and production engineering support to the Navy ONE-NET (OCONUS Naval Enterprise Network) nodes located around the world as part of the In Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) at SPAWAR San Diego. Provides support to the ONE-NET Windows and Exchange architecture as Senior Active Directory Engineer and Enterprise Administrator. Frequently develops, reviews, or updates documentation. Travel to ONE-NET sites overseas to support installations, integration, and migrations will be required.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Provide remote Tier IV support to Navy ONE-NET (OCONUS Naval Enterprise Network) nodes located around the world. Primary interface will be with design and production engineers/SMEs located in San Diego, CA and Tier III engineers and Technical Directors located at Theater Network Operations and Security Centers (TNOSC) located in Japan, Italy, and Bahrain.
2. In addition to Tier IV support, candidate may either lead or participate in projects, to include design, documentation, accreditation/Security testing, and on-site installation. Tier IV engineers are expected to participate in design/engineering meetings in order to stay appraised of changes, and other Tier IV meetings to communicate with site engineers.
3. May serve as functional area lead for ONE-NET Directory and Collaboration Engineering Team. May be required to perform as lead engineer for all Active Directory and Exchange issues.
4. Performs security analysis based on DoD FISMA and STIG compliance, remediation of findings using technical solutions or documentable justification for ONE-NET environments.
5. Deploy and configure DoD PKI infrastructure within ONE-NET environment (NIPR/SIPR) to support Cryptographic Logon utilizing DoD tokens on workstations and servers
6. Involved in the development and deployment of customized ONE-NET Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information (NNPI) solution to adhere to NAVSEA security regulations.
7. Create and maintain AD engineering level documentation (architecture, installation, and configuration) for the ONE-NET environment.
8. Participate in ONE-NET Change Management Boards to provide input for recommended technical design and solutions
9. Provide critical incident recovery and tiered support for solutions deployed across the ONE-NET enterprise
10. Review and coordinate DoD and Naval CTO and INFOCON directives affecting Active Directory
11. Develop and implement project plans to develop, integrate, accredit, and implement enterprise solutions
12. Candidate must be capable of working independently with little or no supervision in a high operations tempo environment, and be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to deal with issues at sites in multiple time-zones.
13. Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Navy ONE-NET and NMCI computer systems will be used primarily. Microsoft Windows Server/Desktop, Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft Configuration Manager 2012, Remedy, VMWare, Nexxus Storage, Quantum, CommVault, Visio, HBSS, also utilized.
Candidate will primarily work on-site at SPAWAR Old Town in San Diego, with travel to ONE-NET sites located at U.S Navy Facilities in the Far East, Middle East and Europe required. In order to provide required service to worldwide sites, work at times other than normal work week hours will be frequently required to participate in meetings and troubleshooting efforts. Work will often be in computer facilities at SPAWAR and at ONE-NET sites.
Personnel may be required to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time. Individual must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. unassisted.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) or 12+ years technical experience in related discipline required. Windows Server IAT2 level CE certification/training required at minimum for Windows server 2012. Certification as IAT3 (per DoD Inst 8750.1) (CISSP or CISSA equivalent) required. Certification in networking and/or VMWare highly desired.
6-8 years of experience working as Active Directory or Enterprise Administrator on an enterprise network (such or NMCI) required. 2+ years of experience on a military enterprise network highly desired. Experience working on ONE-NET as windows/active directory administrator and Exchange server administrator highly desired; experience as AD administrator on NMCI or other major enterprise network may be a substitute for ONE-NET experience. Experience with virtualization and restoration of virtualized servers, primarily with VMware required. Must be experienced with IAVAs and patching, backups using enterprise level tools and systems with operational experience highly desired. Ability to produce quality documentation required. Ability to troubleshoot network and operating system issues across multiple platforms required. The candidate must be familiar with DoD Certification and Accreditation requirements (DISA STIGs, DITSCAP/DIACAP requirements), and must be experienced in security remediation of Windows Server and Desktop systems. Experience with HBSS highly desired. Experience using Remedy for ticket documentation/resolution highly desired.
Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing. Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy officials and technical personnel. Must be able to produce and modify technical systems engineering documents. Must be able to use Visio to develop architecture diagrams and prepare or support brief preparation under direction from the network lead.