As part of our Accounting Resource group, you will be a key member of a visible, accessible and dedicated service team in a rewarding and high-energy work environment. You will share responsibility for supporting field and Service Center personnel, helping them to function at peak efficiency and work in compliance with applicable laws.
About the Company:
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most progressive company in the dynamic healthcare services field today, serving over 236 long-term care facilities , 49+ home health and hospice agencies, and other affiliated entities with over 30,000 employees in sixteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
About the Position:
We work in a close knit atmosphere and provide our employees with an outstanding work environment. The responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with all accounting requirements under U.S. GAAP, including the adoption and application of new accounting standards and establishment of accounting policies and provide suggested implementation plans.
- Document the application of accounting research by drafting memos for complex transactions, such as joint ventures, subsidiary equity plans, unique revenue arrangements and new accounting standards.
- Work with other professionals including leadership from M&A, HR, Legal and Operations to address any accounting and finance related issues and developments.
- Work closely with accounting and finance and other non-finance teams in addressing day-to-day business activities and associated accounting implications.
- Effectively communicate U.S. GAAP transactions to tax accounting teams to ensure proper treatment for tax provisions and income tax returns.)
- Responsible for review of tax provision and return prepared by external tax firm.
- Partner with operations to understand business needs and ensure proper processes are established
- Implement and monitor controls to ensure SOX compliance
- Review monthly income statements and identify trends in the business ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Review balance sheet reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7 Years of Experience in a Corporate and/or Public Accounting with Big 4 required
- CPA required
- Extensive history of researching and applying accounting standards
- Able to quickly convert technical research, interpretation into practical solution
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Strong communication and presentation skills - verbal, written and schedules. Ability to work closely with remote team members and coordinate multi-location teams.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and multitask