Senior Technical Accounting Analyst
5 - 7 years experience •
Our client is seeking an experienced financial professional to join their Accounting and Finance Team, located in SF Bay area (South Bay) to work in the capacity of Senior Technical Accounting Analyst. The chosen candidate will assist with overseeing the Global Control Environment and improve their operations through risk management, controls, and policies. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and sound judgment.
*Provide internal controls related knowledge and guidance to Finance and Operations SOX 404 Leads in APAC, EMEA/ACE, AMER and Latin America regions.
* Collaborate and partner with Internal Audit to establish the Risk and Controls Matrix along with ensuring that the controls are embedded in the normal day-to-day processes.
* Collaborate and partner with the Regional Teams to address and remediate accounting and finance control deficiencies through a formal documentation process.
* Provide technical accounting guidance in collaboration with the Technical Accounting Team.
* Help to maintain and administer the Company's global policies.
* Work with the Oracle ERP implementation team to determine that the new system is compliant with internal controls and company policies.
* Assist with the preparation of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for the Oracle ERP system.
* Assist with the global balance sheet review process.
* Assist with determining internal control and policy implications of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and ASC 842 Lease Accounting standards.
* Assist with the internal control deficiency exposure analysis.
* Perform tests in certain SOX locations for specific areas that I/A could then rely on.
* Implement education and training to ensure employees have adequate awareness and understanding of internal control standards.
* Perform internal control reviews to assess the compliance of departments and individual employees.
Best Industry ? Banking/Financial Services, Professional Services
Best Department ? Accounting
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline is required.
5 - 7 years of technical accounting experience is required.
Public accounting work experience with some private accounting experience is strongly preferred.
High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills are required.
Lead or supervisory experience is preferred.
Experience in analyzing/implementing various regulations and policies in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP is required.
High level of proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, ServiceNow, Sharepoint, etc.) as well as general PC expertise is required.
System implementation experience is preferred.
Experience with Oracle ERP is a strong plus.
Ability to independently research, analyze and interpret data
High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
Excellent communication skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
10% - 15% Domestic travel is required, when needed.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.