About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organized into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
This position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and providing details on complex client reported data items that that may impact financial and regulatory reporting by stakeholders. Duties include using various tools to independently review client data, identifying drivers that may generate reporting variances, and proactively reporting those drivers to stakeholders. Overall, the incumbent supports the management team to improve the transparency of financials and strengthen the confidence stakeholders have in financialreporting by providing details that will help reduce reporting uncertainty by stakeholders. Understands the need for the timely and accurate reporting of data. Manages workloads, projects and ensure deadlines are met. Incumbent actively participates in team collaborations and openly shares knowledge and expertise to help develop others. Incumbent will independently participate in or lead cross-functional discussions.
- Problem-solving & Process Improvement: Demonstrates problem solving ability with using logic, as well as imagination, to define the problem, generate alternatives and implement solutions. Interest and desire for understanding the process of address issues, problems & sorting through the key steps involved to arrive at the source, skills including critical thinking, defining issues & root cause analysis. Access, organize, digest and draw conclusions from large volumes of information and take necessary action. Understands sources of costs and benefits in TA operations and implements operational changes as necessary.
- Data Analysis: Analytical ability, initiative and logical reasoning to seek new methods, tools and troubleshooting to create solutions to existing and future problems and/or issues. These duties include the use of management tools such as the FACTS/DataWatch, L&H Dashboard and TA Workflow Tool along with running standard BOXI reports, as needed. Independently extract correct data, analyze, transform and visualize with the goal of discovering useful information, suggesting conclusions and supporting decision-making.
- Change Anticipation & Management: Leads and/or supports structured approach to transition individuals, teams and organizations from the current state to a desired future state in line with the change management strategy and plan. Understands the need for change and the direction of the organizations/enterprise in the marketplace. Creative thinker who seeks the "why" of a situation or the set of facts in order to become more valuable to the company. Possesses the ability to independently look at problems or situations from a fresh perspective. Independently explores new ideas, different approaches & applies new methods to challenge the status quo. Ensures that solutions toward change are effectively understood, embraced and adopted.
- Effective Messaging & Collaboration: Conveys the information simply and clearly, anticipating and eliminating likely causes of confusion and misunderstanding, and knowing the receivers' experience in understanding prior communications. Delivers presentations in a confident, authentic, and enthusiastic manner both in-person and virtually. Displays an ability to effectively present complex or technical information. Tailors message and content according to target audience. Communicates effectively with well-designed materials. Demonstrates an ability to interact, influence and get along with others.
- Continuous Improvement: Considers improvements/enhancements in terms of continuous process improvement on behalf of Swiss Re. Leads cross-functional teams and makes significant contributions to the internal and external process improvements to provide timely information efficiently to stakeholders. The incumbent is familiar with technology-enabled automation and will suggest improvements and challenge the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an Accounting/Finance related discipline
- Strong math skills and analytical skills
- Understands Swiss Re's key insurance business activities, products and services.
- Possesses knowledge of the insurance markets in general, including product lines, competitors, and applicable regional market variations (including regional and international markets where applicable).
- Ability to independently extract correct data, analyze, transform and visualize it with the goal of discovering useful information, suggesting conclusions and supporting decision making.
- Able to successfully manage the most complex and high profile accounts; and excel in client/processing issue documentation and resolution
- Agile thinker with the ability to analyze a problem and develop creative solutions to resolve an issue
- Demonstrated understanding of financialreporting requirements and basic actuarial principals.
- Able to think strategically (understands the units role in the organization and how to leverage the unit's competencies)
- Ability to work and negotiate independently with TA stakeholders to develop win-win solutions.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert
- Accurately interpret and apply treaty language to ensure treaty compliance
- Proven organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proven interpersonal skills for work internally across departments, as well as with clients.
- Proven decision making skills with ability to exercise judgment in applying 80-20 rule
- Effective written and oral communication skills
· Ability to mentor other team members
- Ideally minimum 5 years related experience, in a reinsurance/ insurance environment
- Knowledge of insurance and reinsurance products and features
· ARA Designation with progression to acquiring a FLMI designation or equivalent work experience
- Possess a strong knowledge of computer fundamentals. Takes full advantage of computer programs and office tools to maximize productivity (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel, BOXI). Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Access is required.
- Intermediate SQL skills.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the practice of the Company to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
Reference Code: 84584