DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont is expanding the Corporate Accounting and Finance groups and is seeking a Senior Technical Accountant Analyst to add to staff ASAP.
This is a career opportunity to gain exposure to all areas of corporate accounting, finance and tax for a global industry leader!
This position is located in Wilmington, DE and has the following duties:
- Analyzes and resolves complex accounting and reporting issues, including interpreting external technical accountingproposals and pronouncements.
- Assists in directing company implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements.
- Acts as resource to major business unit and corporate initiatives as technical accounting expert.
- Identify and initiate process improvement teams for functional productivity.
- Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures to ensure external financial statements are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and internal management reports are consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Point of contact for technical accounting related issues (SEC guidance, FASB Standards, etc.)
- Coordinate the implementation efforts for new accounting standards and participate in the review of proposed standards
- Provide technical accounting guidance to businesses for complex transactions
- Provide technical accounting support for transactional due diligence and purchase accounting
- Interact with global Controllers and independent public accountants on accounting policy matters
- BS Accounting/Finance (MBA a plus)
- CPA required
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and SEC Reporting
- Knowledge of IFRS a plus
- 10+ years of experience with Big 4 or industry related experience in an accounting policy role
- Strong oral and written skills
- Self-directed and accountable
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Works well in teams with an ability to interact at all levels of the organization