The Senior Support Engineer provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging Low Voltage Drive Systems, via the phone, chat and email.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering
- May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Develops relationships with key Business Unit engineering disciplines
- Understands and troubleshoots system level issues as it relates to the Connected Enterprise
- Handles escalations that involve interfacing with other products, or groups of other products outside of their core area.
- Ability to interpret information gathered by RA software tools and act upon it.
- Performs project management function for customer issues by setting expectations for follow up, maintaining Service Ticket notes and by executing the KCS process
- Possesses a developed commercial ability to handle complex customer system issues from start to finish
- Quickly reacts and responds to urgent customer needs, ensuring a timely and quality response
- Ability to deliver technical presentations to internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology field; in lieu of degree, will consider an Associates of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent technological training (e.g. technological training received while serving in the military, or equivalent industry training), with 5+ years of directly related experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- 5-7 years’ experience working with PowerFlex Architecture Class Products (i.e. PF755, PF755TL, PF755TR, PF755TM, PF700S, CIP Motion, RA Communications (Networks)
- Considered subject expert on multiple Rockwell Automation LVD Architecture Class products.
- Provides technical/ commercial feedback internally and externally to enhance Rockwell’s value to customer.
- Possesses an understanding of systems, connected enterprise and Rockwell Automation's capabilities in providing solutions for our customers
- Ability to partner effectively with sales, project teams, customers & internal stakeholders