- Provides management and direction to analytical instrumentation metrology staff and resources for project activities and needs, oversee daily operations to monitor quality and project timelines, and assist in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs.
- Ensures responsiveness to the customer and overall, client satisfaction.
- Plans and monitors the progress and quality of projects by utilizing the financial and quality management tools available at PPD.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 5 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- 1+ year of leadership responsibility
- Ideal candidate will have 10 + years exp with several in a leadership capacity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience with such analytical system to troubleshoot: HPLC, GC, IC, Mass Spectrometry and other instruments
- Ability to cultivate a collaborative work environment with a team
- Effective negotiating skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA metrics of program base; ability to write and recommend changes to PPD SOPs
- Ability to troubleshoot multiple systems/methodologies
- Understanding of basic financial terms and definitions as it applies to the business
- Understanding of proposal and project scope as it relates to pricing, resource management and the impact on business
- Project and time management skills