Senior Team Manager, Bank Compliane Testing & Monitoring
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Compliance Testing & Monitoring Senior Manager is responsible for assisting Bank Compliance by executing the testing and monitoring program to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls the Bank has established to comply with applicable regulatory requirements for its deposit and lending products.
What you’ll do:
The Compliance Senior Manager is responsible for supervising his or her team in accordance with the Bank's policies and in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the position.
Manage Testing & Monitoring examiners. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring each individual is appropriately trained and meeting expectations of their individual responsibilities and the relevant Compliance Department Success Factors.
- Assist in managing and/or conducting the compliance testing and monitoring program to periodically evaluate the effectiveness of the internal controls the Bank has established to comply with applicable regulatory requirements for deposit and lending products.
- Execute the annual testing and monitoring program for deposit and lending. Ensure the regulatory requirements within the Compliance Risk Assessment are considered in the scope of the testing and monitoring.
- Ensure the reviews are completed timely and adequately documented to evaluate the effectiveness of the internal controls, and that they comply with Corporate Compliance Testing Standards & Methodology and the Bank Compliance Testing & Monitoring Procedures.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of federal regulations applicable to Bank’s lending and deposit activities.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the CFPB Exam Procedures and OCC Consumer Compliance Exam Procedures (collectively “Regulatory Exam Procedures”) for deposit and lending products. Develop a testing and monitoring scope that incorporates, as applicable, the Regulatory Exam Procedures.
- Work with business units to finalize management action plans to implement or enhance controls to comply with Bank policy or applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance issues identified from testing and monitoring program are followed-up and corrective action plans are properly executed to comply with Bank policy or applicable regulatory requirements.
- Finalize and issue standard and special purpose reports which evaluate the effectiveness of the controls to ensure compliance with Bank Policy and regulatory requirements
- Assist with federal banking regulatory exams by gathering requested information.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
What you have:
The following qualifications are required:
- 8years of professional work experience in Financial Services
- 6 years of experience in Bank Compliance, Bank Internal Audit or as a Bank Examiner
- Strong knowledge of consumer compliance regulations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Experience with MS Office products, with intermediate level experience using Excel
- Ability to travel 10%-25%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Key factors to success in this role:
- Critical Thinking: Has a thorough understanding of the regulatory environment, applicable rules and regulations applicable to the area of responsibility. Understands the totality of the impact of a proposed solution and implements what’s best for the company overall. Understands and clearly communicates the difference between regulatory requirements, industry standards and business risk decisions.
- Leadership & People Management: Leads by example and develops staff to do the same. Works collaboratively with colleagues throughout Compliance and the company. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team. Shares wins and successes. Actions reflect a commitment to the success of the Compliance Department. Provides timely objective and constructive feedback to management, colleagues and staff. Solicits, understands and accepts the perspective of others. Champions the development of diverse teams and leverages their strengths. Sets clear objectives, measures and monitors progress and results, and rewards accordingly.
- Results Oriented & Accountability: Owns successes and failures, and those of their group, and applies learning from both to the benefit of future efforts. Proactively provides relevant compliance advice and guidance. Manages resources to balance quality, urgency, and execution.
- Communication Skills: Communications are clear, concise and tailored to the audience. Influences others without relying on direct authority.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life