As a Senior Team Lead for MATLAB UX, you will help set the direction for UX Design and Research through excellence in UX practice, powerful and creative design, and strong cross-functional collaboration. As a member of the management team you will help lead the ongoing growth and development of an exciting, innovative UX organization.
- Advocate for customer centric design, usability and accessibility across the organization.
- Partner with leadership and cross functional teams to envision and deliver powerful, high-quality designs that continuously improve our customer’s workflows and experience.
- Partner with engineering leadership in release planning to ensure the right UX resource prioritization and work with UX Researchers and Designers to plan UX activities.
- Initiate collaboration with peers and stakeholders to ensure delivering high-quality products through the entire design and development process.
- Empower, retain and grow a UX team to help achieve great performance, awesome teamwork, and a fun, vibrant UX and design community.
- Provide coaching and feedback to direct reports to help grow functional skills and leadership capability for UX Designers and UX Researchers, with support from senior leadership.
- Help make the connections and connect the dots for your UX team and other UX and product teams in other MathWorks locations.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience managing teams
- Experience with developing, applying, and presenting on UX metrics and evaluation, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience in UX leadership, strategy, and operations, with a focus on designing and developing both commercial web and desktop software applications and services
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change
- Experience with developing leadership and technical talent within team/organization