Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently
About the Tax Department:
The Tax Department is a division within the SCE Finance Organization Unit. We support Edison International and all its subsidiaries including SCE and Edison Energy from an income and transactional tax perspective.
With today’s rapid changing technology, the Tax Department is looking to effectively transform the traditional tax functions and take advantage of new technology innovation. Be a key player as we automate current processes and change how data is managed.
The System Analyst will be the resident technology point person for the Tax Department for projects requiring knowledge of computer systems and enterprise software packages and will play a key role with project teams and outside consultants to identify, develop and implement new technologies. The role will be expected to leverage its knowledge to query information from SAP and Powerplant systems, conduct technical data analysis, create presentations, identify & lead automation opportunities and develop /maintain the department’s SharePoint and data storage platforms. The role will train others within the department.
The position will be a key contributor to the department’s efforts to take advantage of digital transformation occurring within a corporate tax environment. It will conduct analysis of business requirements and capability needs, leveraging knowledge of tax operations, processes, existing solutions and available technologies, in order to design high level technology solutions. The role will be a department representative in corporate wide system implementations impacting Tax.
- Lead the implementation of effective solutions in a wide variety of business areas to take advantage of tax saving opportunities (M&E, R&D credits, tax repair, etc.); conduct analysis of new technologies and recommend appropriate solutions. Work directly with outside consultants who identify potential tax opportunities for EIX to determine scope, requirements, data feasibility, etc.
- Lead effort to improve the process for gathering invoice data for transactional taxaudits and opportunities.
- Supporttax personnel in quantifying Schedule M’s, respond to income taxaudit requests, etc. Provide ad hoc reports.
- Be the point of contact for tax related software and systems including SAP, SharePoint, CorpTax and Powerplan. Provide technical consultation. Provide and maintain a high level of customer service both internally and externally. Evaluate automation opportunities.
- Point of contact to provide and to implement technology focused solutions to tax-related challenges including training, developing job aids, writing process documentation memos, complying with Sarbanes Oxley requirements, etc.
- Participate in SAP S/4HANA related implementation efforts
- Bachelor’s degreein Information Systems and/or Business Administration or related field.
- 10 years’ of experience working in an information technology environment defining system requirements, project scope, completing data requests and creating reports.
- 10 years of experience working in a large, dynamic corporate finance environment with changing priorities.
- 10 years of experience working across multiple business units, developing the business and services to enhance productivity, managing risks and safety appropriately, developing and executing business plans, managing information.
- Advanced degree in Information Systems and/or Business Administration or related field or an equivalent combination of formal education, training, and experience.
- Experience in tax or in a finance related discipline for a large corporate company.
- Ten or more years of experience in defining system requirements, project scope, and performing cost/benefit analysis.
- Ten or more years of experience making effective decisions that meet business needs while minimizing risk and operating within company policies and all levels of regulations.
- Five or more years of experience managing and training staff and/or projects.
- Ten or more years of experience working independently with minimal oversight; proactive and able to effectively multi-task, easily adapt to changing situations and deadlines.
- Able to utilize technology to creatively identify and implement solutions to current department challenges;
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused, to understand and appropriately respond to management’s and clients’ business needs, and interface effectively and/or collaboratively with others.
- Experienceworking withMS Access, MS Excel including PowerQuery.
- Experienceworking withSAP, Powerplan and SQL.
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA
- Relocation may apply to this position
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.