This is a great opportunity to join Dycom.
Dycom Industries, Inc. is a leading provider of specialty contracting services to the telecommunications and infrastructure industry. These services, which are provided throughout the United States and in Canada, include engineering, construction, maintenance and installation services to telecommunications providers, underground facility locating services to various utilities and telecommunications providers. Dycom’s corporate environment is constantly changing, growing to meet the needs of our subsidiary companies and their customers.
Dycom is seeking a Tax Reporting Senior Analyst to join its corporate Tax Department. This position will help support Dycom and its 50+ subsidiaries with our tax compliance and reporting responsibilities. You will be essential in supporting our team with meeting our deadlines as well as ensuring our tax filings are accurate and timely
- Prepare and review of the quarterly US GAAPtax provision and related disclosures required for SEC reporting in accordance with ASC 740.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of the company’s tax accounts and tax reserve calculations pursuant to FAS5 and FIN48.
- Prepare and review documentation for Company’s external audit regarding tax accounting, footnote disclosure and overall financialreporting controls associated with taxes.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of industry specific issues and their impact to the Company’s tax provision.
- Documentation of GAAP and legislative developments and their impact to the Company’s effective tax rate.
- Prepare/review tax projections.
- Perform tax research and prepare appropriate memo documentation.
- Prepare and update process documentation relevant to responsibilities.
- Assist with internal process improvement initiatives, including data gathering and record keeping.
- Participate in special projects and transactions, addressing the tax considerations for mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, and other transactions.
- Perform other tax duties to support business needs.
- Provide support to subsidiary controllers and other corporate departments with tax research and questions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required with 6+ years of relevant work experiencerequired.
- CPA license and/or a Masters in Tax required.
- Experience in tax accounting with strong overall knowledge of general accounting.
- Proven ability to research, comprehend and address complex technical tax matters and support/document tax positions based on knowledge/research of IRC and TreasuryRegulations.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with tax, accounting and fixed asset technologies (including OneSource Products, Hyperion, and Sage Fixed Assets) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with positive attitude and ability to be honest and encouraging with teammates.
- Self-motivated with a strong attention to detail and the ability to take ownership of a project, process and/or responsibility.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and produce a quality work product.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate timing and status.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and travel (up-to 10%) when required.