What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
Manage Income Tax Provision Process for Evonik Corporation and certain members of the affiliated group. Coordinate consolidated Federal tax return. Prepare the tax provision footnote for NAFTA Financial Statement.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of the company’s Consolidated Federal Income tax return and numerous state and local income tax returns. Review and finalize Federal 1120 proforma returns as well as state income tax returns. This position is also responsible for oversight of the maintenance of electronic workpapers and questionnaires that facilitate the gathering of financial information controlled by financial accountants throughout the enterprise. Information gathered must be analyzed for applicability of relevant tax law, the identification and calculation of book/tax differences, the preparation of supporting work papers and the use of Onesource software to prepare income tax returns.
- Responsible for preparation of several entities tax provision process. This position is also responsible for the maintenance of electronic workpapers and questionnaires that facilitate the gathering of financial information controlled by financial accountants throughout the enterprise. Information gathered must be analyzed for applicability of relevant tax law, the identification and calculation of book/tax differences, the preparation of supporting provision work papers. Coordinator of department members in preparing and completing the tax provision process, utilizing OneSource provision tool.
- Oversight of 2 to 3 Loan Staff.
- Responsible for Tax Technology, inclusive of preparing /coordinating a digital road map for US Tax.
- Manage and coordinate the income tax and quarterly provision timeline inclusive of group data rquests made to financial reporting.
- Perform tax research on an as needed basis with respect to federal and state income tax, payroll tax, and property tax.
- Work on tax planning projects for the tax department.
- Efiling of tax returns. Trouble shooting efiling errors.
- Preparation and review of tax accounting work papers including FAS109 calculation used in the year end financial statements.
- Manage state tax audits.
- Assist with Federal income tax audits, as needed.
- Maintenance of tax compliance calendar including original due dates, estimated tax payments, extension requests, annual reports and other miscellaneous filings.
- Screen tax notices prior to administrator distribution.
- Oversee quarterly estimated tax payment workpapers and documentation of payments.
- Technical Knowledge of tax laws is necessary and the ability to identify, research and resolve issues is critical to the success of this position.
- This position is deadline and detail oriented.
- Tax Accounting expertise (FAS 109).
- Direction and guidance is provided by the VP-Tax and Tax Director.
- Minimum of 10 years in corporate and/or public accounting firm tax department.
- Experienced in Onesource .
- Open to new technology.
- Team Management experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- B.S. in Accounting.
- CPA and/or Masters in Taxation preferred.