$200K — $250K *
Hexion is bringing its tax function in house and we are seeking highly motivated and dynamic tax professionals interested in building out a world class global tax department. Our tax footprint covers over thirty countries on five continents. The successful candidate will be instrumental in implementing process improvements, developing relationships with global financial partners and assisting with Hexion’s overall tax posture while leading a highly talented team of professionals.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
• Manage and execute the company’s tax strategy and tax planning including business operations
• Execute on our global tax vision and manage our global tax organization’s alignment with that goal; optimizing internal and external resources
• Manage and execute on tax strategies to minimize cash taxes and lower the effective tax rate
• Manage the Company’s quarterly and annual income tax accounting reporting process
• Manage quarterly consolidated worldwide income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740 and FIN 48
• Ensure all income tax related general ledger accounts are properly recorded and reconciled
• Manage the income tax compliance outsourcing for federal, state and local tax filings
• Monitor and ensure compliance with changing tax laws and provide input on changes that could affect Hexion’s tax posture
• Manage tax audits, including required internal and potential external coordination
• Manage and direct the tax function’s reporting systems and processes as well as the related internal controls
• Manage sales/use, property, and VAT compliance and exposure management processes.
• 10 -12 years of experience in public accounting or multinational corporate tax accounting; Big 4 accounting firm experience a plus.
• Must possess thorough understanding of ASC 740 and FIN 48 and domestic and international income tax provisions,
• Deep technical knowledge of accounting for income taxes,
• Strong management experience with demonstrated leadership in mentoring and developing a very talented and effective tax team,
• Can do attitude that actively seeks opportunities to take on the most demanding and difficult tasks,
• Demonstrates a track record of working collaboratively across global organizations within the broader finance and business teams to deliver creative solutions and leadership for the company’s bottom line,
• Advanced problem-solving skills (critical thinking, creativity, innovation) with the ability to work cross-functionally at all levels,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex tax and financial topics,
• Must have solid understanding of tax returns, federal, state, local tax laws and regulations,
• International tax experience a plus
• Ability to travel up to 5%.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA, JD, Masters in Law of Taxation or equivalent required
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Percent of Travel
Valid through: 11/11/2020
$100K — $200K
5 days ago