$160K - $180K(Ladders Estimates)
CPA firm that is based on providing proactive consulting and compliance services to our clients. Our accounting firm caters to a variety of client industries including; real estate, entertainment, hotels, and internet based businesses. We work with many clients with venture capital investors and handle multi state income tax filings. High net worth individuals that have complex investments and international activity also account for a significant portion of our practice. We have been serving the Southern California area for 15 years. We are experiencing a period of rapid growth and are seeking a career minded professional to join West Valley team.
We are looking for a Senior Tax Manager that specializes in various aspects of partnership, S Corp and individual tax including real estate and venture capital ownership. In this position, you will work directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies. We provide an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to strategic tax planning and compliance, deal structure consultations, and business advisory. This position is perfect for a person who is looking to become a partner in the next 2-3 years (or sooner is they enter with a book of their own business).
DUTIES & SKILLS:
• At least 7+ years of public accounting experience in a tax department.
• CPA license or Equivalent
• Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, significant review experience.
• Good research and writing skills.
• Must be Tech-savvy and able to resolve basic IT issues while working in a paperless environment.
• Prior experience working with CCH Profx Tax Software is preferred.
• Previous experience in a mid to large size CPA firm or a Masters of Taxation is a plus.
• Conduct day-to-day management of accounts by taking the lead role in running the client engagement and delivering consulting and compliance tax services to the client.
• Review payroll and income tax returns, correct as needed.
• Recognize and inform partners of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
• Work with firm marketing resources and proposals to identify and seize new client business opportunities.
• Develop and motive staff by providing them with training, leadership & counseling services.
• Manage IRS/FTB audits and correspondence.
• Review and correct client bookkeeping records.
• Provide timely, high quality client service that meet or exceed client expectations.
• Strong Employee Management skills needed, previous experience in overseeing office administrative management preferred
• Ensure professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
Valid Through: 2019-12-10