With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ and MHM are together ranked as one of the top accounting services providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses and the not-for-profit sector. MHM, an independent CPA firm, provides high quality audit and assurance services and works closely with CBIZ, an accounting, tax and consulting services provider. CBIZ and MHM are members of Kreston International Limited, a global network of independent accounting firms.
Do you want to work for a company that is continually ranked as a best place to work in Phoenix? CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) have recently been named a Best Place to Work, a Top Company To Work For in Arizona and a Most Admired Company. These awards demonstrate our commitment to our employees in providing a superior work environment that places high value on benefits, company culture, community service and overall employee satisfaction. As a an award winner, our organization ranks in the top 20% of employers nationally in terms of its programs, policies and culture for creating an effective and flexible workplace. CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top accounting service providers in the United States.
CBIZ & MHM is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Tax Manager. This important role in our growing Tax practice includes client relationships, technical tax work, and managing staff. Our department is dedicated to assisting individuals, partnerships, and corporations with tax compliance and planning.
Essential Functions & Primary Duties:
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Reviewing complex tax returns including international, federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Understanding your clients’ goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Owning client relationships and work
- Strategizing with Managing Directors regarding tax planning
- Provide clients’ with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; Master’s degreepreferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 8 years technical taxexperience in public accounting, or related field
- 5 supervisory experiences
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology