What you’ll do
As a SeniorTax Manager within the BusinessTax Services group, you will identify effectivetax solutions for new and existing clients in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career.Responsibilitieswill include:
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Identifying client needs and leveraging Deloitte’s range of services and extensive resources to meet those needs and cross sell among various lines of service.
- Acting as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of issues including federal tax planning, accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
- Managing engagement profitability, billings to clients, and engagement team resources.
- Assisting with drafting and presenting proposals to new and existing clients.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our client’s business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client’s organization. Our spectrum of business tax services are relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 10+ years’ experience in federal taxation
- Proven ability to grow and manage a book of business, and a solid reputation as a subject matter expert within federal tax
- Solid understanding and experience with federal tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis, and tax research
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Solid management experience
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience.
Requisition code: E18TULSTMSA060-BT