Our client is seeking an experienced Tax professional to work in the capacity of Senior Tax Counsel to work at their offices, located in California. The chosen candidate will be responsible for review of ongoing and new business activities and provide advice on the tax consequences, risks and opportunities. The ideal candidate will possess experience working closely with Transfer Pricing to address global transfer pricing policy issues and audits.
* Repatriation planning to bring cash to the U.S. in a tax effective manner;
* Provide tax planning advice and assist with tax modeling for M&A and other material organizational transactions, including integration planning and execution
* Ensure tax implications of M&A and other material transactions are reflected into organizational tax provision and U.S. tax returns
* Partner with the international tax team to drive effective foreign country tax planning;
* Research and draft memoranda documenting positions taken, preparation of FIN 48 analyses and presentations for any tax authority negotiations;
* Manage outside tax advisors and counsel to bring in expertise required for arriving at optimal solutions/decisions; and
* Stay informed of major U.S. tax developments.
Best Industry * Accounting, Big 4, Legal
Best Department * Legal, Taxation
Bachelor* s Degree in Accounting, Taxation or a related discipline is required. JD is required.
Minimum of 3 - 5+ years of experience at a law firm or Big 4 accounting firm or Fortune 500 organization working in U.S. international corporate tax law and transfer pricing is required.
Experience with repatriation, foreign tax credits, M&A, Subpart F, and transfer pricing is required.
Must have strong analytical skills with proven ability to solve multidimensional problems creatively
High degree of accuracy and proven ability to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment is required.
The individual must have the highest standards of integrity, business controls, and business practices.
Proficiency with MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook) is mandatory in this role.
Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
Experience effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
C-Level presence coupled with the ability to act as primary client contact for tax preparation and presentation of issues and resolutions to clients is critical in this role.
Up to 15% Domestic Travel Required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.