Senior Tax Associate
Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
· Primary roles and responsibilities:
· Assist in the analysis of business initiatives from a tax perspective, including the evaluation of potential tax consequences, transaction structuring alternatives, and financial modeling.
· Support the development and implementation of tax planning strategies, including the development of initial tax planning ideas, research of technical tax issues, and review of implementing documents.
· Collaborate with the tax accounting and tax compliance teams about taxrisks and opportunities, and assist in documenting the tax accounting implications and taxreporting requirements of transactions.
· Liaise with internal non-tax counterparties and external advisors.
· Communicate effectively and succinctly, both orally and in writing, through the drafting of technical tax memoranda and the preparation and discussion of PowerPoint presentations.
Minimum of three years of international tax/planning experience with a large public accounting firm or law firm, or similar experience with a U.S.-based multinational corporation.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent planning, research, and communication skills.
· Strong technology skills, including the ability to develop, review and analyze complex computations and financial models.
· Experience with international tax compliance and ASC 740.
· Demonstrated ability for high performance across multiple projects, with multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment.
· CPA or JD; Masters in Tax or LLM preferred.