Our client, a top notch CPA firm, is looking for Senior Tax Associate - State & Local Tax for their Hartford and Stamford, CT office.
As a member of the State & Local Tax team you will serve on client engagements and participate in pre-engagement planning, execution and final deliverables. You will develop a thorough understanding of all audit, tax and consulting services provided by the firm, and actively participate in proposals. You will gain the respect and confidence of the team through effective client management, timely and accurate communication, and clear and concise direction and leadership. Specific areas of responsibility include:
· Becoming a "trusted advisor" to all of our clients and professionals
· Researching issues and draft technical memoranda regarding various state tax matters; and
· Serving as a technical resource on state & local tax matters.
· Performing detailed reviews of client's state tax filings;
· Performing Nexus studies to determine where clients should register and file tax returns;
· Assisting clients with various state tax planning and tax controversy matters;
· Developing sales/use taxtaxability matrices;
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Master's in Tax or Juris Doctor is preferred
· 1-3 years of taxexperience in a public accounting firm
· Experience in researching and addressing multi-state income/franchise tax and sales/use tax matters
· Proven competence with MS Office and tax compliance and research software, including BNA portfolio and projection, CCH Axcess and RIA
· Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
· Excellent communication and presentation (verbal and written) skills