We are seeking a highly motivated, technically-proficient tax professional looking for a diverse tax position that supports all aspects of the Firm’s tax obligations including Federal, State, Local, International and Indirect taxes. The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of tax accounting, a rigorous tax compliance approach and good research skills. The right candidate will work closely with the Tax Managers and report to the Director of Fund Treasury & Tax.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support the Domestic and International Tax Managers with all aspects of the firm’s US and Non-US tax matters.
- Liaise with external tax advisors.
- Be responsible for tracking and timely filing all tax related forms.
- Reimagine the indirect tax filing process in order to improve transparency and efficiency (VAT & Sales and Use Tax).
- Assist in determining estimated tax payments to various municipalities and foreign tax authorities.
- Gather, process, and compute state apportionment percentages.
- Communicate and maintain strong working relationships with external and internal partners.
- Research and interpret federal, state and international tax regulations and provide constructive recommendations.
- Assist in identifying and implementing best practices to improve efficiency.
- Stay abreast of tax related changes across multiple jurisdictions and legislative bodies.
- Support the Firm’s international tax initiatives relating to Transfer Pricing, OECD/BEPS, ATAD and CBCR.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience preferably in the asset management industry.
- Broad understanding of Sub-chapter K and the taxation of operating partnerships.
- Strong understanding of tax compliance process.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CPA or advanced degree a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior written, verbal communication skills.
Why Lord Abbett?
Lord Abbett is one of the fastest-growing global asset managers with approximately $200 billion in assets under management. We seek to hire a diverse group of talented individuals who are committed to driving our vision to be the most respected asset manager in the world. We are looking for candidates who value excellence, responsibility, transparency, and collaboration as much as we do. Our employees share a passion for excellence in serving our diverse range of clients – individuals, advisors, and institutions across the globe who rely on us to deliver innovative investment solutions that help them secure stronger financial futures.