Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Assist in the analysis of business initiatives from a tax perspective, including the evaluation of potential tax consequences, transaction structuring alternatives, and financial modeling.
- Support the development and implementation of tax planning strategies, including the development of initial tax planning ideas, research of technical tax issues, and review of implementing documents.
- Collaborate with the tax accounting and tax compliance teams about tax risks and opportunities, and assist in documenting the tax accounting implications and tax reporting requirements of transactions.
- Liaise with internal non-tax counterparties and external advisors.
- Communicate effectively and succinctly, both orally and in writing, through the drafting of technical tax memoranda and the preparation and discussion of PowerPoint presentations.
- Minimum of three years of international tax/planning experience with a large public accounting firm or law firm, or similar experience with a U.S.-based multinational corporation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning, research, and communication skills.
- Strong technology skills, including the ability to develop, review and analyze complex computations and financial models.
- Experience with international tax compliance and ASC 740.
- Demonstrated ability for high performance across multiple projects, with multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment.
- CPA or JD; Masters in Tax or LLM preferred.