The Tax Senior will report to the Tax Manager and will participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of tax accounting and compliance policies and procedures. In addition, this position analyzes and prepares complex federal, state, local, and/or international tax return workpapers, forms and payments, as well as, ensures that the organization complies with federal, state tax and international tax regulations.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Compiles, organizes, validates and analyzes data for the completion of complex federal, state/local tax returns and the income tax provision to meet all internal and external reporting requirements. Prepares and/or reviews U.S. tax forms for filing requirements associated with foreign investments, including Forms 5471, 8865 and 8858. Assists with the payment and processing of income tax returns to meet filing deadlines. Assists with the computation, payment, and processing of quarterly estimated federal and state income tax filings and extensions.
- Assists in the facilitation of the organization’s tax related audits to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations. Assists in researching, analyzing and developing responses to inquiries from tax regulatory agencies. Requires understanding of record keeping and systems in addition to and as applied to tax regulations.
- Performs tax research as it relates to business plans or tax saving ideas. Provides recommendations to management as needed or requested to ensure that the company is operating in compliance with tax laws and is maximizing shareholder value.
- Advises management regarding effects of taxes on business activities, and may recommend strategies for minimizing tax liabilities to ensure that the company is operating in compliance with tax laws and is maximizing shareholder value.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge to stay abreast of changes and advancements by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with an in-depth knowledge of accounting, finance, or other business operations. Master’s in Taxation, CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with large multinational corporate tax return preparation, filing and processing, or equivalent skill set.
- A detailed understanding of international reporting/compliance issues and experience in preparing Forms 5471 and other disclosure of international transactions is a plus.
- Tax provision experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience in researching and analyzing moderately complex tax issues and communicating the results both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to work and solve/research problems both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical tax information, as well as, present research findings to both internal and external parties.
- Detail, results and deadline oriented and ability to perform multiple tasks or projects concurrently.
- Organizational/project management and people management skills, this position will have analysts reporting to them
- Experience with tax preparation and related tax compliance software, OneSource Income Tax preferable but not a must.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
ON Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.