The Tax Technology team enables solutions that support the automation of our Tax team’s processes. Key to the position are the abilities to understand the business process needs, articulate tax business requirements, define data dependencies and flows, drive technical programs across Amazon, manage projects, timelines and risks, and consider the impact of regional requirements to global indirect tax technology solutions.
The right individual should have tax and/or accounting skills and solid business judgment capable of delivering the right results. He or she should be a self-starter and have operated successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
The position requires the capacity to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group, while executing on critical process improvement and technology projects. This role performs a wide variety of responsibilities for the tax technology organization including:
· Work with regional indirect tax teams to identify improvements in efficiency and controllership for their current processes; teach them how to utilize the designed reporting and functionality in their processes.
· Define regional requirements for reporting solutions in the indirect tax business intelligence environment, as well as, requirements for technical development solutions.
· Perform hands on detailed data research and analysis within the selected tax jurisdictions; investigate, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues.
· Contribute to the delivery of the indirect tax technology projects, independently drive smaller projects or components of larger projects; support project prioritization discussions, timelines and trade-offs with business partners.
· Build and maintain relationships with our key technology providers, as well as, other technical teams across Amazon.
· Support the development of new metrics and measures to quantify the value of different aspects of tax data
We are a fast growing team, so we're looking for candidates who are eager and able to learn new content quickly, who are willing to go into unfamiliar territory, and who possess ironclad judgment and integrity around confidential information.
· BS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Accounting, a related field or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years’ experience working in tax, accounting, business analysis, or related field
· Experience with large-scale tax or accounting business processes and data flows.
· Experience with large data sets and/or data investigation.
· Ability to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
· Proficiency at querying relational databases (SQL) and ability to pull data from various sources
· Able to proactively identify risks before they become problems.
· Revenue accounting experience preferred.
· Experience with indirect sales and use tax and/or VAT across multiple geographies.
· Experience with data modeling and large scale data warehouses
· Strong critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
· Creative, positive, and helpful attitude; a team oriented, customer-centric working style.
Job ID: 615367