The Senior Tax Analyst will be a key contributor to a world class finance team, ensuring we are compliant in all tax related activities. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, hands-on and thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment. You must be able to work independently to drive new projects, while also maintaining existing compliance activities.
- Timely filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales/use and other indirect tax returns in multiple state and local domestic jurisdictions.
- Timely filing of monthly, quarterly and annual VAT/GST returns in relevant international jurisdictions.
- Coordinate and support indirect and income tax audits by researching and collecting data and working directly with our internal partners and auditors to complete audits timely.
- Drive development of a sales/use tax compliance process including identifying exposure areas, implementing compliance software, and designing a process to ensure all regulatory deadlines are met.
- Support preparation of our income tax provision and returns by gathering and/or preparing required source data.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations & related journal entries for tax related general ledger accounts.
- Research and analyze various new state and local sales/use and other indirect tax regulations and issues and communicate to business partners and to Management.
- Partner with Enterprise Application team to develop key reports including defining requirements and participate in user acceptance testing.
- Team with cross functional partners including Finance, Legal and Business Operations teams to evaluate indirect tax impacts of new business ideas
- Document, review and analyze processes for necessary internal controls and efficiencies
- Work closely with third party providers supporting outsourced tax activities.
- Special projects as assigned
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department in a multinational company
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high level of integrity and sense of urgency
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Masterful MS Excel skills required
- Excellent listening, comprehending and clearly articulating perspectives are essential skills required for this role.
- Experience with Vertex, Avalara, and/or Netsuite a plus
- Bachelor's in Accounting; Master's in Taxation a plus. CPA strongly preferred.