Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare federal and state tax provisions on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, including related inputs, support schedules, workpapers, reports, and journal entries;
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of the tax provision software;
- Assist in preparing the necessary workpapers and documentation for 10Q and 10K filings;
- Perform tax account analysis and reconciliations;
- Conduct research related to ongoing tax issues, law changes, and remain current on ASC 740;
- Assist with Sarbanes Oxley 404 control testing and documentation;
- Support external auditors and consultants;
- Prepare federal, state and local tax returns;
- Work on other tasks and special projects as needed.
Required education or minimum level:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree;
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Min 5 years prior experience in corporate income tax provisions and/or compliance;
- Basic understanding of tax accounting concepts (ASC 740);
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, identifies and addresses issues;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Detail-oriented with ability to adapt to working on multiple tasks with strict deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Capable of acquiring knowledge and skills rapidly;
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word required;
- Experience working with a tax provision software preferred;
- Experience working with corporate tax preparation software preferred;
- Longview, OneSource, SAP, and BPC experience a plus.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Driving, walking, and standing frequently.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Job Location San Antonio, Texas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 8866-323