The Senior Tax Advisor, Canadian Tax Services (“Senior Tax Advisor”) works within Ryan’s Client Support Services group to deliver no-charge advisory support services to clients, including answering client’s tax questions and providing limited exposure reports. In addition, the Senior Tax Advisor will develop and present seminars to our clients to assist in their understanding of Canadian sales taxes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers TaxDirect hotline questions from clients and assists in clarifying issues.
- Prepares and presents tax seminars for clients. Training will be conducted at the Ryan Training Centre, on-site at client premises and/or via webinar.
- Prepares limited exposure identification reports for clients.
- Contributes to the development of client newsletters, sales tax articles, and books published by Ryan.
- Assists clients with tax assessment analysis and provides recommendations for appeals.
- Attends and participates in consultants’ monthly training meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA; CPA, CGA; CPA, CMA) and five or more years accounting or tax-related experience in industry and/or public accounting environment. Candidate must possess a strong knowledge of Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Provincial Sales Tax (PST) legislation and policies, ideally working as a professional in the commodity tax field.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required
Valid passport required