This position provides advice and counsel to management with primary responsibility for the preparation of and assistance with the income tax fixed asset software system and associated supporting workpapers for the Company’s obligations with respect to financial and regulatory accounting of income taxes, budgeting, and income tax compliance. Conducts special studies and analyses, develops alternatives, presents recommendations to management and influences management decisions. Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Conduct analysis through technical tax research, gathering and interpretation of raw data and develop alternatives and recommendations regarding the preparation, documentation, and reporting of the Company’s position with respect to federal, state, and local income taxes.
- Management of expert tax software models and systems with respect to the tax accruals on a US GAAP, FERC, and state jurisdictional basis.
- Support the fixed asset income tax data included in the income tax provision, income tax return, and budgeting reports.
- Collaborate with other income tax functions including, financialreporting, compliance, and issues resolution to ensure adequate income tax detail for compliance purposes.
- Preparation of assigned book/tax differences.
- Development of income tax inputs for budget and forecasts.
- Support responses to inquiries and requests from regulatory and governmental taxing authorities.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Reconcile the tax fixed asset system to the general ledger accounts.
- Provide advice and counsel to senior management.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Six years of related work experience, two of which are in tax accounting with a CPA designation or a graduate degree, or eight years of related work experience, of which four years are in tax accounting.
- Proficient with the use of spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation applications.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding matters/issues which may be sensitive in nature.
- Strong data management skills with the ability to summarize and present large data results efficiently.
- Ability to adeptly assimilate information from multiple sources and identify trends or inconsistencies.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and high-pressured environment with typically tight schedules.
- Perform responsibilities as directed within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Need minimum supervision, confer with manager on unusual situations.
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary to effectively complete responsibilities.
- Enhance job knowledge and abilities by taking personal responsibility for professional development and training.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Advanced degree and/or CPA designation.
- Big Four Accounting Experience.
- Experience with Property Accounting
- Experience preparing income tax returns
- Experience preparing income tax accruals
- Solid knowledge of ASC 740
- Utility Experience
Req ID: 19564