Regal Professional Services is seeking an experienced Senior Tax Accountant to join our client's dynamic, fast growing, client-centered CPA firm in the Frisco/Plano area (Texas).
This Senior TaxAccountant position will hold responsibilities in planning, preparing, and analyzing applicable local, state, and federal tax returns for organizations, and will assist clients in effectively managing taxrisks and liabilities.
The ideal candidate will have a CPA license, as well as 5-7years of taxexperience in a public accounting context.
Our client's firm serves clients in a variety of industries including healthcare, technology, real estate, food services, consulting and retail. Our client wants to offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity that offers excellent benefits, continuous training and improvement, and professional advancement.
Senior Tax Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Consult taxlaw handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of complex returns
- Continually maintain a general knowledge of tax policies and updates, and apply all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients’ taxes to a minimum
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, report, or othertax requirements
- Interface with clients to obtain information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances
- Demonstrated abilities in managing client relationships, particularly timely and accurate communications with clients
- Ability to learn and identify tax-saving strategies to maximize client cash flow
- Excellent tax research skills and strong written & verbal communications skills
- Ability to research complex issues, and adequately communicate findings to clients and peers
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations as needed, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advisory assistance to clients
- Respond to IRS inquiries on behalf of clients
- Effectively maintain records for billable hours
- Participation in the IRS PTIN program
- Ability to manage advisory and consulting project work relating to financial statements and tax planning during non-tax season
Senior Tax Accountant Specific Recommended Tax Experience
- Year-end closings
- Tax research & planning
- Non-profit organizations
Senior TaxAccountant Additional Requirements
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Taxation or related
- CPA Licensure strongly preferred
- Strong skills in general accounting
- Experience with QuickBooks and Lacerte
- Strong time management and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Experience in a paperless office
If you meet this criteria and would like to take next steps for the Senior TaxAccountant, pleaserespond accordingly.