As part of the corporate tax group, the tax senior is responsible for supporting the preparation and review of tax provisions, partnership and corporate tax returns.
Assists in the development of tax structures related to acquisitions and development efforts. Also supports the accounting group's monthly close and financial statement preparation process.
- Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules
- Prepares tax schedules for and assist in the preparation of corporate and partnership tax returns
- Clarify accounting and tax issues, then communicate with stakeholders, such as corporate / project lenders and partners
- Participates in the development of tax strategies by researching federal, state, and industry specific taxation issues
- Identifies profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by modeling and analyzing of tax information and related impacts
- Prepares general ledger entries and maintain supporting schedules
- Assists in the preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system (Great Plains) and operational departments
- Assists with year-end audit preparation, including preparing lead schedules, and compiling supporting documentation
Skills, experience and background:
- BA in accounting or business
- Experience in partnership tax
- CPA, or MBA preferred
- Three to five years of public accounting or corporate accounting experience Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong knowledge of Excel