Now’s your chance to move your career in a new direction – upward!
Consider this. James Hardie is the #1 brand of siding in America. Globally, we have more than 4,900 employees and generate over $2.5 billion in net sales. We invented fiber cement, and over 8 million homes later, we continue to set the standard for premium siding and trim. Of course, to be the best, you have to work with the best. That’s why we invest in more than just quality products; we also invest in our people. We take pride in our employees and it’s clear that our employees take pride in working at James Hardie too.
Our Tax Department is growing! As a member of the Income Tax Team, the Sr. Tax Accountant will support the tax group with various tax matters including but not limited to tax accounting and reporting under ASC740 and Federal and state tax compliance. In executing the responsibilities required by this position the Senior Tax Accountant interacts with a variety of accounting and finance personnel throughout the company.
- Assist in preparation of the following:
- Quarterly forecasted and year to date actual permanent and temporary differences.
- Quarterly ASC740 tax provision workbook.
- All U.S international tax filings and supporting workpapers.
- State income tax returns and supporting workpapers.
- Research and development credit pursuant to IRS Directive.
- FBAR filings
- James Hardie Building Products Canada income tax returns.
- Quarterly U.S shared services calculation.
- CbCR requirements of U.S and Canada under OECD BEPS Action 13
- Compliance with quarterly and year-end SOX internal control requirements.
- Review of quarterly and annual Department of Commerce reports and of local transfer pricing files for accuracy.
- Management and coordination of tax filing due dates in One Source Tax Calendar software.
- Gather and coordinate information for defense of federal and state income tax audits.
- Analysis of implications of changes in federal and state tax laws.
- Assist in tax depreciation function in Fixed Asset Manager software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA license
- 5 + years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740 requirements
- Public Accounting experience
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to report to office once Covid conditions allow
Nice to have