- Booking.com: The world's leading brand for online accommodation reservations (based on room nights booked), with operations worldwide and headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Priceline.com: The leading deals-focused online travel reservation service in the US for flights, hotel, car, package and cruise, and headquartered in Norwalk, CT.
- KAYAK: The leading US online price comparison (“meta-search”) service to search and compare travel itineraries and prices, from 100’s of travel suppliers and is headquartered in Stamford, CT.
- Agoda.com: A leading online accommodation reservation service for APAC travelers with operations in Bangkok and the surrounding region, headquartered in Singapore.
- Rentalcars.com: A leading worldwide online rental car and ground transport reservation service, headquartered in Manchester, England.
- OpenTable: A leading brand for online booking and restaurant reservation software, headquartered in San Francisco, California.
At Booking Holdings we help our customers to reach all corners of the earth. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
Reporting to the VP, Tax Compliance & Planning, the Senior Tax Accountant role entails accumulating, assembling, evaluating, and maintaining tax compliance information and data. The Senior Tax Accountant will work with the VP, Tax and outside tax preparers in the preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns. The role involves preparation and/or review of tax and accounting work papers for tax return preparation and government audits for income and non-income taxes and working with management in tax planning and research.
- Assist with managing the tax compliance process in an accurate and timely fashion, including compilation of supporting data, coordination with Big 4 firm. Returns include Income, franchise, capital, sales/Use, property, information returns among others.
- Maintenance and monitoring of book/tax differences for estimates and returns
- Assist with preparation and/or review of estimates and tax returns
- Prepare and/or review taxforecasting for FP&A and estimated taxes and extensions
- Research tax matters and document for files
- Assist VP, Tax with tax planning implementation and strategy
- Assist with technical review of federal and state and local tax returns.
- Maintenance and enforcement of a taxreporting due date calendar system
- Research and respond to notices and inquiries from tax or other authorities and auditors
- Assist with management of federal, state, and local taxaudits.
- Preparation and/or review of current tax payable account reconciliations for income tax payable, franchise tax, sales tax, and property tax.
- Assist with support of tax related requirements of payroll, human resources or other departments
- Working with the tax team, ensure compliance with all state and federal tax regulations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company and assigned by the VP, Tax.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS or BA in Accounting
- Licensed CPA or MST Preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional taxexperience or comparable industry experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications and tax research tools
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion software preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Broad technical background and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, State and local tax law.
- Strong analytical ability to identify challenges, provide solutions, and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Detail oriented.
- Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage competing priorities and internal and external deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to discuss highly technical issues.
- Flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.