The Senior TaxAccountant for the Corporate Income Tax team assists in U.S. Federal, State and Local Income Tax compliance and tax related accounting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing multi-state/multi-jurisdictional income tax returns.
- Preparing and processing federal/state quarterly estimates and extensions.
- Assisting in the preparation of the year-end tax provision in accordance with ASC 740.
- Identifying and calculating book/tax differences.
- Researching income tax issues and monitoring changes in legislation to properly plan and respond to changes in corporate taxlaws.
- Reconciling tax accounts.
- Responding to tax authorities when needed.
- Providing support with the year-end close.
- Participating with process improvements and/or implementations.
Required Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of direct corporate income taxexperience (Form 1120, C Corps)
- Experience within a multi-state/multi-jurisdictional environment with complex tax requirements
- Strong knowledge and application of accounting principles
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Excellent organizational, written and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Excel
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience with OneSource, Checkpoint or Oracle
- Mentoring, reviewing, and training staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related Business concentration
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation is a plus, but not required
- CPA license is a plus, but not required