The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting with all US domestic and international tax matters, including data gathering, research and analysis of applicable tax laws, and ensuring Company compliance with tax reporting/filing requirements.
Core Job Functions:
• Prepare federal, state and local income / franchise tax
returns, including quarterly estimated tax payments.
• Assist with federal consolidated tax return (total US group).
• Assist with the preparation of income tax provisions for financial reporting purposes.
• Assist with sales and use tax, property tax and excise taxes as needed.
• Prepare general ledger tax account reconciliations.
• Research tax issues using tax library and on¬line tax
• Communicate and advise operating companies on tax related
• Assist with tax audits.
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• Perform all other job-related duties as requested.
• B.A./B.S. in Accounting
• Min 5 years of corporate tax experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
• Knowledge of Accounting for Income Taxes
• SAP experience
• Experience in public and private
• Graduate Degree in Tax
• CPA certification
• OneSource experience preferred
• FAS (Fixed Asset Software) experience a plus.