About the Job
The Senior Talent Manager is a knowledgeable business partner who understands Key’s talent strategy and the business strategy for assigned client groups. The talent manager is accountable for partnering with the HR Director and the Business Leaders for assigned businesses to develop and implement a targeted Leadership Talent agenda and priorities that drive leader, team, and/or organization effectiveness.
The person that we are seeking excels at assessing talent, leading talent review and succession planning processes with senior level leaders, crafting targeted leader development plans, and creating and driving targeted leader, team and organization effectiveness solutions. This individual must also possess the ability to deliver (and receive) candid feedback, be hard-wired to execute, and have the ability to influence leaders and partners. The candidate should be well versed on external Leadership Development and Talent Management trends.
The Senior Talent Manager will report to Key’s Head of Talent Management and will partner closely with the Human Resources Leadership Team, HR colleagues and senior leadership within the line of business to build and ensure consistency of talent management programs and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as the thought leader and subject matter expert for the discipline of Talent Management within assigned lines of business. Talent Management discipline expands executive onboarding, leader/team/organization assessment and development processes, and talent/succession planning.
- Drives talent planning process across assigned businesses; including: establishing talent planning rigor and cadence for assigned business, executing talent planning sessions with business leaders, crafting targeted development plans, and tracking talent movement and actions.
- Lead/collaborate on creation and implementation of targeted leader, team and organization effectiveness solutions; including: leadership assessments, team assessments, and organization design solutions. Talent Manager is often asked to facilitate and lead strategy sessions, leadership meetings and large-scale leadership events.
- Drive the development and execution of line of business specific development efforts. Partners with HRD and business leaders to identify and prioritize short and long-term leadership development solutions.
- Partner with Key’s Talent Management to deliver enterprise leadership development programming as needed.
- Bring the full breadth of Key’s talent solutions to assigned client groups.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experienced required; advanced degreepreferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of Human Resources leadership experience
- Advanced knowledge of talent and succession planning, organization development and design, and leadership assessment processes
- Intellectual curiosity and passion around talent and leader development
- Proven ability to develop and execute talent strategies and solutions required
- Poise, polish, organization and communication skills commensurate with engaging with senior level business leaders
- Big picture thinker who can also be highly detail oriented
- Drive to deliver results, take accountability and ownership of work, and a continuous improvement mindset
- Agile and rigorous problem solver with ability to drive and embrace change
- Team player with a strong client-centric mindset
- High energy, self-starter who can work independently and within a team environment.