Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 61 days ago
How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a “Super Community” bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen and solve to meet our customers’ needs!
Provide Talent Management services to business partners and employees in Commerce Bank’s Central Missouri region including 14 locations in the communities of Columbia, Moberly, Mexico, Tipton, California, and Hannibal. Consult with Commercial, Wealth Management, Retail and Operations lines of business on human resource laws, policies and strategies. Communicate with all employees in the region on Talent Management policies, initiatives and programs. Partner with corporate Talent Management to implement all talent acquisition, talent development, total rewards and culture activities at the local level. Serve on the Central Missouri Senior Management team to develop and implement region wide strategies. The position is based in Columbia, MO and reports to the corporate Director of Talent Management in St. Louis, MO.
• Provide human resources internal consulting on issues related to department structure, job classification, workforce planning, succession planning and talent acquisition. Assist Talent Acquisition team and managers in filling open positions. Interview candidates for key positions. Promote methods to meet inclusion and diversity goals.
• Manage company-wide college recruiting strategies at University of Missouri, Lincoln University, Westminster College, Columbia College and Central Methodist University. Facilitate candidate consideration for corporate Bank Trainee program, summer internships and local hiring opportunities.
• Plan and implement strategies with managers and employees to improve culture, communication, collaboration and alignment to increase employee engagement and enablement, profitability and retention. Utilize annual employee survey to monitor progress and adjust methods. Support culture shaping process using Senn-Delany principles.
• Analyze compensation practices and current internal and external market conditions. Make starting salary decisions. Assist with annual salary adjustments and periodic departmental or equity adjustments as needed.
• Provide management training on human resources policies, interviewing and selection, effective supervision, performance management, change management and Workday system implementation. Provide direct employee training for new employee onboarding, communication, culture, human resources policies and employee benefits. Facilitate employee selection for Leadership Development Programs and local leadership opportunities.
• Consult with managers on complex coaching, performance and employee relations issues. Conduct thorough and objective investigations.
• Provide staff support to employee lead councils in creating change and implementing services to all employees. Councils include Talent Acquisition Council, Talent Development Council, Onboarding and Employee Ambassador Council, Inclusion Council, Communications Council, Wellness Council and United Way Committee
• Utilize systems including Workday, Sterling One, Korn Ferry, Virgin Pulse and Fidelity to implement programs.
• Coordinate employee events including annual recognition dinner, United Way Campaign and wellness activities.
• Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the organization’s financial position, strategic plans, culture and competition.
• 5+ years human resources experience as a generalist or similar role including recruiting and employee relations experience.
• College degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
• Excellent understanding of human resources policies, recruiting strategies, compensation practices, employee benefits administration, employment law, compliance, workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance.
• Proficient in PC applications to include windows based software including Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Experience with Workday systems preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent consulting and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with people on a daily basis of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.