Vanguard’s Talent Management Consultants provide consultation and support to the Senior HRBP’s, to the divisional business leaders, and senior management. This position is responsible for partnering with the Senior Business Partner and the Talent Development Leaders on the strategic direction, design, support, and management of enterprise talent management processes including Succession Planning, Talent Assessment, Performance Management, Learning and Development and the use of Talent Analytics tools and resources. Other key responsibilities include ensuring the coordination and execution of programs and initiatives within Talent Development for deliverables in the areas of learning and development, curriculum design, organization design and employee engagement. They are accountable for the delivery of all programs coming from the Talent Development (TD) Subdivisions for their specific divisional alignment and the integration of programs within TD and outside of TD taking an integrated approach to Talent across all COE partners.
In this role you will:
- Partner with HR and business leaders to develop and implement best-in-class programs and initiatives; serve as an internal consultant to support talent needs including gap analysis and/or diagnosis, intervention, design and implementation of approaches to align with and meet business priorities
- Present to Managing Director (MD) and MD-1 tables, provide opinions, relevant facts and industry research as an ambassador of Talent Development
- Stay up to date in relevant Talent Management practices. Remain current with industry and Vanguard knowledge. Represent the history of decisions as well as consider how the talent space is evolving.
- Conduct needs analysis, outline operational requirements and translate requirements into tangible talent programs in partnership with key owners and resources in Talent Development
- Work cross-functionally to design, coordinate, administer and communicate company-wide L&D solutions, with ability to communicate and set structure for both enterprise and divisional programs
- Support delivery, identification and business solutions in the areas of: talent planning, leadership development, succession, organization design, performance management, change management, organization and team effectiveness, organization diagnosis and effectiveness interventions, work process improvement, employee engagement and culture change.
- Measure the effectiveness of the talent management and development programs, systems, tools and procedures to make recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop high-trust working relationships with both clients and co-workers; inspire others to engage and participate. Consult with business leaders, HR partners to create plans that drive individual and business performance.
- Influence outcomes and business/HR strategy
- Serve as a partner to HR and business leaders to deploy the broad talent development offer. Equip the Sr. HRBPs, Talent Development and the divisional business leaders with the necessary knowledge, tools and resources to effectively drive the health of our talent.
- Serve as an aggregator of macro themes and feedback on our talent needs and strategies. Be a bridge back to the Talent Development organization.
- Diagnose talent challenges facing divisional leadership teams and pull the appropriate capabilities of the TD organization to deploy an integrated talent solution.
- Build and leverage strong HR and business acumen to understand how talent strategy can enable and maximize business strategy.
- Drive results through others and serve as a matrix leader. Demonstrate informal leadership in advising and coaching partners and peers.
What it takes:
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of HR or commiserate experience and/or an MBA or Masters in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Learning & Development or related field.
- Broader HR experience across HR and/or experience as a HR business partner
- Experience in operationalizing talent strategies across a business enterprise (Succession, Performance Management, Training and Development)
- Experience in measurement/ analytics (data collection, analysis and interpretation) to support fact-based, predictive decision making.
- Previous experience with talent management technology solutions
- Excellent relationship/stakeholder management skills
- Strong capacity to manage multiple, competing priorities and make informed decisions
- Ability to manage ambiguity and demonstrate conceptual thinking—synthesizing and analyzing information and leveraging it to make data driven recommendations.
- Strength in influencing outcomes and business/HR strategy.