Southland Industries understands that people are key to our success as a company. The people who work for us, the people we serve, and the people who live and work in the buildings we design and build.
If you’re someone with a true passion for our industry, we’re looking for you! At Southland, we seek people that don’t just follow a career path, but who are looking to gain the best experiences and to have an impact wider than their own job. We believe in building talent and supporting our people with what they need to grow and flourish. And we thrive on creating a strong company and culture where you’ll feel engaged, challenged and valued.
If you’re ready for the next big step in your career and want a fun, fast paced environment and the excitement of a growing company, then JOIN our team and become a part of an organization that values PEOPLE FIRST, INNOVATION, COLLABORATION, SAFETY, INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY & SUSTAINABILITY.
POSITION FOCUS AND DEVELOPMENT
As a Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, you are doing more than just filling jobs. The Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, will engage with business partners to identify, develop, and employ strategies that build teams and organizations. A champion of both the business and talent, Talent Acquisition, works in close partnership with the HR Business Partners, Talent Management and Marketing teams, to ensure that our candidates and employees experience our People First approach. The Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner is responsible for sourcing, assessing, selecting and partnering with the business to attract and hire the right talent at the right time. The Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner will identify, engage and acquire hard to find talent through the relationships they build, and with creative and innovative sourcing techniques. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Talent Management, expect to be part of building and executing our Talent Acquisition and Talent Management Strategies.
As an essential part of our Human Resources Function, the Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner will be exposed to many parts of our business and function. We believe our People First mindset enables our strategic engagement, planning and development activities and programs. We are committed to the development of our Talent team and we are looking for an individual who has a life-time learner point of view and who is willing to be creative, innovative and collaborative. We are excited to continue to diversify our team and to help continue to develop one's career.
YOUR IMPACT TO THE BUSINESS
- Leverage creative sourcing techniques to tap into specialized technical talent pools
- Build the Southland People First brand as “destination employer” with world-class candidate experience
- Coach and counsel hiring managers on staffing best practices
- Effectively partner with hiring managers on workforce planning; by forecasting future hiring needs, aligning hiring strategy to longer term workforce plans, analyzing market trends that impact labor supply & demand.
- Effectively build, track and execute strategic recruiting plans
- Establish hiring metrics to optimize efficiency and assess hiring success in selecting A-players
- Hire for technical, behavioral and cultural fit
- Leverage SilkRoad Recruiting ATS system to streamline and reduce internal process and time-to-hire
- Facilitate relevant educational curriculum for hiring managers on recruitment
- Leverage strong influencing skills to push on broader talent agenda with HR Business Partners and business leaders; become a key, trusted partner to business leadership
- Develop an understanding of the key business drivers that impact our company and lines of businesses
- Ability to maintain an ongoing talent network for future opportunities
- Anticipated 40-50%Travel to include some overnight travel. Most travel is concentrated on the West Coast; however, there travel to our East Coast office will also be expected.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Ability to “talk the same language” and partner with hiring managers and effectively sell opportunities to candidates.
- Experience building networks through industry events and social media
- Strong skills in developing effective relationships, communication, managing expectations, scaling in a fast-paced organization.
- Solid analytical skills to turn data into sound business decisions.
- Ability to partner with managers at all levels and contribute towards their hiring success.
- Proven track record of maximizing ROI on hiring A-players while managing costs.
- Excellent skills in alternative sourcing, performance-based interviewing, and closing A-candidates.
- Thorough understanding of hiring best practices and ability to educate and motivate hiring managers and HR team.
- Ability to scale - can go deep in the weeds when needed, while also understanding the big picture
- Strategic Thinker – identify patterns across organizations to tie into recruiting strategy
- Demonstrated matrix and/or influence indirect/direct people management skills
- Knowledge of Top Grading techniques
- Demonstrated relationship and client management experience.
- 7-10 years of hands-on full-cycle recruitment and workforce planning experience, having focused on acquiring professional – executive level talent.
- 3 years’ experience recruiting in the engineering, construction and/or building technology industries is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years’ experience applying and leveraging Top Grading practices, is preferred.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (100% PAID EMPLOYEE PREMIUMS)
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses
As a company that prides itself on innovation and collaboration, Southland Industries continues to pave the way as an industry leader in constructability, sustainability and energy efficiency so as to improve the way buildings are designed, built, and operated.