Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 54 days ago
The Hartford's Enterprise Data Organization (EDO) is seeking a Senior Tableau Engineer responsible for modernizing a portfolio of Data Assets, Reports and Dashboards supporting Enterprise Business Operations team across Small, Middle and Large Commercial. This modernization effort is one of the top 10 priorities for EDO.
The ideal Tableau Engineer is a seasoned engineer who has proven track record of designing, developing and maintaining large scale assets across complex reports and dashboards leveraging next generation of technology stack across AWS Cloud and Big Data.
· Modernize and implement the transformation roadmap for Enterprise Business Operations using a new data reference architecture leveraging Tableau across AWS cloud and Big Data technology stack. Transformation will focus on addressing challenges across legacy tech stack, data freshness issues, speed of deliver and quality.
· Be a thought leader and organization change agent who can drive a technology step change by enabling business while simplifying the data environment and improving speed of delivery.
· Provides technical leadership, mentoring, and coaching to technical team
· Senior member of the Technical COE reviewing and approving design patterns across the portfolio team
· Enables a high performing team that has a culture of continuous learning, collaboration, and is focused on business outcomes
· Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of highest technical complexity
· Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems, utilizing various business, scientific, engineering and mathematical techniques.
· Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design
· 7+ years of experience in design and development of large scale assets across complex reports and dashboards leveraging various BI technologies across Tableau, MSBI (SQL Server, Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services) and/or Business Objects.
· Solid experience with design and development of complex reports and dashboards leveraging Tableau and next generation of technology stack across AWS Cloud and Big Data.
· In depth knowledge of Data management and/or BI strategies, principles and practices including experience with framework for data quality, data governance, stewardship and metadata management.
· Advanced level SQL skills querying relational databases like Oracle or comparable technologies in Cloud tech stack
· Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or other related field
· Experience working in Agile team structure is a plus
· Knowledge of technology and information systems, with focus on management information, data analysis, data modeling, relational database, OLAP, and reporting tools
· Stay abreast of industry trends, monitors and reviews best practices, and makes changes as necessary
· Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership/accountability, and results oriented with the ability to manage time and schedules effectively
· Natural curiosity with a strong desire to learn, maintain, and apply knowledge of emerging BI technologies, tools, methodology, and general best practices
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior management. Knowledge of effective communication strategies and how to impact and influence others
· Property & Casualty insurance industry experience a plus