Illumina is looking to add a new Senior Tableau developer to our rapidly growing team in sales and financial analytics. This person will work closely with various functional teams to translate business requirements into optimized reporting systems and design/ develop appropriate dimensional modeling and presentation layers.
The candidate will collaborate closely with technical and functional experts to execute enhancements and create new dashboards on our SAP Hana-based warehouse. The Developer will also work closely with the HANA Developer and Data Architect to ensure quality output in the Dashboards.
- Create interactive Stories, dashboards and visualizations leveraging Tableau.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and analyze user requirements.
- Build required data extracts required for solutions.
- Create functional and technical documentation related to Business Intelligence solutions.
- Deliver transformative solutions that are aligned to industry best practices and provide thought leadership in data space.
- 2+ years of continuous, focused experience in the build, customizing and publishing of Tableau interactive reports, visualizations, dashboards and stories.
- 3+ years of progressive hands-on experience in business intelligence, reporting, and analytics.
- Strong experience with Tableau (Tableau Desktop accepted, Tableau Server a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, including ability to write complex queries and stored procedures, triggers, and analytic functions, plus performance and scalability tuning and optimization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building successful partnerships with business and technical groups.
- Working proficiency with complex data from multiple data sources and building dashboards.
- Demonstrated ability to understand new datasets and data structures.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practice.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone.
- Highly self-motivated to deliver both independently and with strong team collaboration.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral).
- Familiarity with SQL server, postgreSql, mySQL, noSQL technologies.
- Knowledge of SAP HANA a plus.
- Certifications are a plus.
- Experience in supporting Operations and/or Sales functional reporting a plus.
- Experience with various software delivery methodologies and specifically Agile/Scrum a plus.