United States of AmericaLocation:
VA146: 8320 Alban S100, Springfield 8320 Alban Road Suite 100, Springfield, VA, 22150 USAPosition Role Type:
OnsiteTOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling - to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today's mission and stay ahead of tomorrow's threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world. Job Summary:
In Systems Integration and Test (SI&T) we integrate, verify, and validate our products. We put our systems together, exercise them in the lab or in the field, measure and analyze performance, and make sure our products work the first time and every time. To accomplish this, we develop plans and procedures, debug and evaluate system functions and interfaces, develop test environments, and work hand-in-hand with our customers.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our SI&T team in Springfield, Virginia. In this role, the engineer will work in an Agile environment on a modern program, collaborating closely as part of a cross-disciplinary team to support program milestones and objectives.Responsibilities to Anticipate:
This role includes but is not limited to:
- Supporting the SI&T team in an Agile environment:
- Configuration an integration of software applications
- Integration applications into ground systems to support the mission
- Development of automated test scripts and their execution
- Evaluation of external interfaces and communication protocols
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues
- Typically requires a Bachelor's in science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of five (5) years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- Experience with systems integration and test for a software product, in an Agile, CI/CD environment including regression testing, test scripting, and test automation tools
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging a software-based system or product
- Experience with Linux Red Hat, Python, and Perl
- Experience with configuring software applications and integrating ground systems to support mission needs.
- Background in COTS product installation, configuration and integration.
- Background in configuring custom software to integrate with external sources.
- Experience writing scripts to verify messages pass across interfaces.
- Understanding of network fundamentals.
- Active and transferable US government issued TS SCI clearance is required prior to start date. US citizenship is required, as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
What We Offer:
- Systems Engineering experience on a large government software development contract
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite of tools, including Confluence and Jira
- Experience with performing computer network administration tasks
- Experience in a Cloud environment; AWS certification is helpful
- CompTIA Security + or equivalent certification
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.Additional Information:
* Please consider the following role type definition as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms