Funded and revenue-generating Startup Company is expanding their Systems Engineering team due to fast growth and customer demand. They are looking to hire a key Senior Systems Support Engineer who will work with their customers during the planning, delivery and support of their complex security-related product suite. You'll work with innovative technologies and feel good about working on projects that are keeping the world safer.
Their advanced systems are based on computer vision and machine learning to provide the unrivaled authentication technologies in the world. You will work with systems comprised of both software and hardware that process very high-volume computational and graphical data for real-time analysis.
This is a high-visibility role, as the Senior Systems Support Engineer will be representing the company and work closely with customers.
If you think you would love a career working withinternational customers in a highly impactful role and also have an opportunity to travel to interesting places - this is an ideal role for you!
- Be involved from the planning stages through the software and electronics installations, training, and post-implementation support.
- Act as the main conduit to communicate information with internal teams.
- Utilize a broad and deep range of technical expertise related to software infrastructure, including systems engineering, troubleshooting, scripting using Python, C++ and testing.
- Apply your solid Linux systems and scriptingexperience, troubleshooting, testing and broad technical background.
- Thoroughly understand Company's products, systems, and technologies to be able to install software and electronics components as well as execute software system configuration for customers.
- Resolve system administration issues at customer sites as well as remotely.
- Troubleshooting, testing, and resolution of customers' system issues.
- Work with engineer, support, and operations teams to communicate and improve products and systems.
- Must have 5+ years of current and professional experience in some combination of software engineering of embedded systems, systems engineering, test and integration, and/or administration
- Must have current and solid experience using Linux as a systems engineer, tester, or system administrator.
- Experience with Python or similar scripting / coding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and (ideally) experience interfacing with customers, internally and/or externally.
- Ability to translate complex technical details into layman's terms.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science or related. Graduate degrees in technical areas and/or MBA preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to qualify for Secret Clearance to work with customers such as government entities and defense contractors.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally 25-50%
PREFERRED SKILLS: Ability to troubleshoot electronics and complex systems.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $100,000 – 130,000 base salary
- Performance bonus (average around 10%)
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, Life Insurance coverage plans