We are looking for a skilled Systems Engineer who will be responsible for providing SME level technical support and guidance to both internal and external customers and partners. You will also be involved in special design/deployment projects, hardware/software testing, documentation review, internal and external training, social media support, product demos, and trade show events.
You should have a background in RF engineering, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis. We also expect you to demonstrate superb technical competency and strong teamwork skills.
This is a remote/telecommuting opportunity for the right candidate.
Senior Systems Support Engineer responsibilities are:
- Serve as an SME resource for the technical support team to resolve complex issues
- Provide SME level support for internal documentation preparation
- Provide SME level support for development and implementation of training and certification program
- Lead customer training efforts with webinars and onsite training sessions
- Provide RF/network design support for customers and agents/distributors
- Provide agent/distributor support via on-site training, webinars, phone support
- Support pre-sales, deployment, and post-sales efforts for major customers/verticals
- Participate in equipment evaluation/qualification processes
- Other duties as assigned by management/leadership to help meet Baicells business objectives
Senior Systems Support Engineer requirements are:
- BSEE, BSEET, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience of working in the wireless/telecommunications industry
- Solid experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
- SME level understanding of networking/IP fundamentals (routing, vlans, subnetting, networking protocols)
- SME level understanding of RF fundamentals (propagation, RF design, antennnas, power measurement units and calculation)
- Expert with all facets of wireless networks from design to deployment to operation; LTE experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of networking technologies, particularly with OSI network layers and TCP/IP
- Expert troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Able to travel, sometimes on short notice, not to exceed 25%