Clearway Energy Group is leading the transition to a world powered by clean energy. Along with our public affiliate Clearway Energy, Inc., we own and operate over 7.5 gigawatts of renewable and conventional energy assets across the country. As we develop a nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the future, Clearway’s 5 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage assets offset the equivalent of nearly 8.8 million metric tons of carbon emissions for our customers today. Clearway Energy Group is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Carlsbad, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; Houston, TX; and Princeton, NJ. For more information, visit clearwayenergygroup.com.
The IT Senior Systems Specialist designs, implements, administers, and supports Clearways Operational systems and reports to the Director of Operations IT. Responsibilities include design, development, implementation and support of Renewables Operations IT Systems, collaborate with business stakeholders to enhance existing systems and contribute to the team and organizations continuous improvement objectives.
Principal Responsibilities & Key Results
- Participate in the implementation of technical solutions for Business Operations.
- Coordinate to identify, prioritize, and manage Operations IT projects and technology tasks.
- Contribute to project planning efforts including project definition, success criteria, risks/issues, requirements definition, technical design, testing procedures and documentation, system documentation, user training, and production delivery while coordinating and communicating with business resources.
- Implement system enhancements and new systems through the project life cycle insuring appropriate documentation and processes to ensure compliance.
- Manage projects for delivery of systems and applications to support Realtime Operations, Performance Engineering and Data Analytics, Asset Management, Operations and Maintenance business functions of Clearway’s renewables fleet operations.
- Implement and enhance systems and applications related to Generation Management System, Energy Market Interface System, Meter Data Management System, Energy Settlements, Realtime and Historian Systems, Operations Business Intelligence Systems.
- Consult with business and IT partners to strategize, plan and implement needed projects within designated time and budget constraints using existing project management tools.
- Proactively recognize and document business process gaps, propose and implement improvements.
- Effectively communicate project and technology delivery expectations to cross-functional team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Reviews deliverables to ensure quality of projects before delivery to the business or production support.
- Maintain appropriate status reports, meeting minutes, and follow-up with business partners, vendors and internal resources.
- Ensures project, and technology documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Participate in 24x7 weekly on-call rotation for production support up to one week per month.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have expertise with real-time EMS systems.
o Energy Management Systems (EMS) for control and dispatch.
o Strong working knowledge of AGC and SCADA systems
o Plant DCS & Historian systems.
o Field equipment including RTUs and Meters.
o Strong working knowledge of Communication protocols – ICCP, DNP and OPC
- Must have multi-market knowledge, specifically ISO real time requirements.
o ERCOT, PJM, CAISO, MISO, NYISO, NEISO markets.
- Must be familiar with NERC CIP compliance associated with ESP on EMS systems.
- Must have knowledge of interfaces, integrations and process flows.
- Solid understanding of SDLC and experience in adopting and working in multiple project management methodologies.
- Intermediate skills in application development using Microsoft technology stack i.e.., .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#, MS SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Intermediate level skills in implementing, supporting, enhancing and maintaining complex large-scale production critical applications in Cloud and data center hosted environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills with a focus on customer interaction, customer service, and presentation.
- Ability to meet timelines while appropriately communicating/escalating risks, issues, or constraints as necessary to business and/or IT management
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information technology or similar field highly preferred. 10 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree (high school diploma or GED required).
- 5+ years of systems and applications development, configuration, implementation and support experience, particularly ABB Network Manager EMS (version 9.3 or above) and Energy Markets Interface systems.
- 2+ years of systems and applications design, development, testing and deployment experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with array of technologies including Microsoft technology stack, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#, MS SQL Server, T-SQL.
- Experience with RDBMS Databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle or Postgre SQL) and programming in multiple languages is required.
- 2+ years’ experience in developing and managing small to large projects through project life cycle working directly with business resources.
- Experience with OSI Soft PI is preferred.