The Opportunity / What we’re looking for:
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our people design, implement, service and sell technologies that allow people to do great things…that is why Ciena solutions are # 1 in global market share.
Customer-facing Sales Engineer focused on Zayo. Perform technical tasks (lab trials & product demonstrations), including written proposals (RFPs), network designs and providing accurate quotes with Bill of Materials. Must be able to effectively communicate solutions to customers, resellers and work cohesively with Sales teams and other internal CIENA departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform network and applications engineering for multiple CIENA products
- Complete complex network designs for customer application of CIENA networking products
- Proficient in use of Ciena Network design and modeling tools
- Consult with potential and current customers on application of CIENA products for next generation architectures
- Prepare quotations and assist in proposal preparation for Ciena products & upgrading actual design.
- Provide product and technical expertise to support Sales efforts of Ciena products
- Prepare complex design and applications presentations Interface with sales group and product management/marketing to develop and/or propose product enhancements to meet customer requirements
- Gain understanding of Salesforce/CPQ (CRM)
- Detailed technical knowledge of fiber optic transmission systems (especially OTN,SDH, WDM).
- Deep knowledge of Ciena 6500
- Extensive experience with OnePlanner
- Understanding of telecommunications, storage and data communications networkarchitectures
- Demonstrate working technical knowledge of DWDM, Ethernet, Storage Networking (Fibre Channel, FICON) SONET/SDH, Software Defined Networking, Network Functions Virtualization, IP/MPLS, Encryption, WAN Optimization, Firewall, Virtual Routing and Virtualization
- Technical expertise in data networking including understanding of IP, Ethernet and other data networking protocols
- Telecommunication networks, Network management, & SDN (MDSO / NFV).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Multi-tasking: able to handle multiple tasks with minimalsupervision
- Motivated technical individual that desires to work on application of advanced optical, Ethernet and storage networking architectures
- The ability to demonstrate experience in technical sales activities
- Ability to understand customer needs and use technical expertise to develop customer solution
- Ability to develop customer relationships and work well with customers
- Team player
- Technical Degree; BSEE or relevant experience
- 3-5 years telecommunication industry experience
- Prior experience as a contributor on a sales account team