What we’re looking for:
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why we design and implement technologies and services that result in great outcomes.
We’re looking for highly motivated and talented Customer-facing Sales Engineer focused on Zayo.
What will you do at Ciena?
Customer-facing Sales Engineer focused on both the network and channelpartnership side of Zayo. Must be able to effectively communicate solutions to customers, resellers and work cohesively with Sales teams and otherinternal CIENA departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform network and applications engineering for multiple CIENA products
- Complete complex network designs for customer application of CIENA networking products
- Proficient in use of Ciena Network design and modeling tools
- Consult with potential and current customers on application of CIENA products for next generation architectures
- Prepare quotations and assist in proposal preparation for Ciena products & upgrading actual design.
- Provide product and technical expertise to support Sales efforts of Ciena products
- Prepare complex design and applications presentations Interface with sales group and product management/marketing to develop and/or propose product enhancements to meet customer requirements
- 30-50% travelrequired
- Detailed technical knowledge of fiber optic transmission systems (especially OTN,SDH, WDM).
- Deep knowledge of Ciena 6500
- Extensive experience with OnePlanner
- Understanding of telecommunications, storage and data communications networkarchitectures
- Demonstrate working technical knowledge of DWDM, Ethernet, Storage Networking (Fibre Channel, FICON) SONET/SDH, Software Defined Networking, Network Functions Virtualization, IP/MPLS, Encryption, WAN Optimization, Firewall, Virtual Routing and Virtualization
- Technical expertise in data networking including understanding of IP, Ethernet and other data networking protocols
- Telecommunication networks, Network management, & SDN (MDSO / NFV).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Multi-tasking: able to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Motivated technical individual that desires to work on application of advanced optical, Ethernet and storage networking architectures
- The ability to demonstrate experience in technical sales activities
- Ability to understand customer needs and use technical expertise to develop customer solution
- Ability to develop customer relationships and work well with customers
- Team player
- Technical Degree; BSEE or relevant experience
- 3-5 years telecommunication industry experience
- Prior experience as a contributor on a sales account team
The Ciena Experience:
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Make no mistake that we’re committed to developing leading network technology. But our path to innovation stems from our culture and outstanding people. We embrace diversity, celebrate inclusion, and champion ideas—across the table and around the world. This is the Ciena network. You won’t find complex organization charts and stiff protocols here! Innovation travels faster in an atmosphere where ideas can be freely discussed and brainstormed on the fly. A big part of work is about enjoying more satisfying outcomes—both personal and professional.
Becoming a Ciena employee:
What you can expect from us
You will receive notification of your successful application Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion. If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
Job Location Englewood, Colorado, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Salary 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Tracking Code R006104